Friday, August 24, 2007

Nam appt. #14


Savannah had her second "adjustment" here in L.A yesterday, and I've got to say it's probobly been the worst yet. We're moving on to the next phase of the NAM which is suppose to stretch her columella (the narrow strip under the nose) and to do this they've added nasal stents to the retainer. They had me hold her in a dentist chair for about 2 hours while they measured and marked where everything was suppose to go. I did really well at holding it together up untill about the 25th time they shoved the retainer in and out of her mouth, at which point they made her bleed. The rubbing from the retainer made the inside of her nose and the roof of her mouth bleed. I know you've heard me say it before, and you'll probobly hear me say it several more times before this whole ordeal is over but......I just couldn't hold back the tears. Poor Savannah. She fought those doctors off tooth and nail the whole time. They were quite impresses at what a fighter she was. After a few more "tries" they had the retainer where they wanted it, and sent us off on our merry little way. If we thought she hated the retainer before, she loathes this one. She swats at her face trying to get it off, but so far with no luck. Hopefully it stays that way.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I think that you guys are doing an amazing job with everything. It will all pay off...I think that she is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Poor Savannah. I do not blame you one bit for crying. She is your baby and you see her in pain and there is nothing you can do to stop it. You are doing the best thing you can for her. I agree with Andrea, Savannah IS beautiful.

Katie Jackman said...

Looking at her great big eyes, I just fall in love with her. She is beautiful. Wow, I really admire what you are doing. What a great mom you are.

King Klan said...

ok so you are so much stronger then i a almost cry when the girls get there shots.