Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The rumors are true!

Yes, we did move last Saturday to Brea CA. It wa kind of weird because didn't think it would happen at all let alone so quickly, so we really didn't tell any one. We found out Wednesday we could rent the house, and packed and moved on Saturday. We had a few people go to our house and look through the window only to find out we were gone.
It was a bitter sweet moment because we've looked forward to moving since we moved into our Comstock house, but as we were packing and it started becoming a reality, we realized how much we're going to miss the Pickering Ward. They've truley been our extended family through it all with us. Brea's not THAT far, so it's not good-bye, just, we'll see you later. We've worked really hard to get unpacked and settled before we leave for NYC. Savannahs big day is on Tuesday. to be continued.......

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on moving. Hopefully the move will be a blessing for you all. I do want to see you when I come down Thanksgiving weekend! When are you leaving for NYC?

Rebecca said...

Wow, that's a change. So, what are you gonna do with the Comstock house? Matt and I lived in Brea the first year we got married. We were in the Placentia 2nd Ward. We still know a few people there. Are you in that ward?

Yvonne said...

So did you buy a new home? Wow! I will miss bumping into you at random places like Petsmart!
We are holding your family in prayer.. best of luck with the trip and the surgery. Is your daughter still going to Broadoaks?

Stacey said...

Hey Karen- its Stacey Plummer. Jen Anderson told me about your cite and I have been checking in from time to time. Your kids are all so beautiful- I cant believe it! I thought that you guys owned the house next to your parents? They must be so sad that you guys arent living next to them anymore. Well Brea is a nice area and I bet that its closer to Marks parents and work. Well I am keeping you guys in my prayers. Have a safe trip- Stacey

Rebecca said...

Good luck as I'm sure you are in preparations for heading to New York this weekend. Lots of good prayers going your way!