Sunday, July 29, 2007

Texas visit

So i got home from CHLA on Tuesday at about 7:30pm, and i had to leave for the airport at 8:15pm. We barely made it on time, and i made the flight by two people. I had to hold Savannah for 4 and a half hours, but at least i got on. At this point i was so excited because i could catch the earlier flight from Atlanta to Texas, and have more time once i was at the doctors. So i got in to Atlanta at 6:30am and the flight left at 7:03am, so i RUN to the little train that takes me to terminal C. I really had to use the bathroom and pump, and since i can't with the baby on my lap I ran to the bathroom as soon as im there. Now, I CAN and DO multi task once in the bathroom stall, but even still, Imissed the plane by about 2 minutes. I ran to the check in counter only to see CLOSED posted on the board. I said
"What do you mean it's closed? It's only 7:00 am" to which i get "Oh, the planes leaving a couple minutes early. You could catch the next flight at 8:47" And as much as i tried, I just could not fight back the tears. It's 4am our time and i haven't slept a wink, my arm is killing me from holding Savannah, she's crying and I didn't even finish pumping.
So now i have to go to a different gate to rebook my flight, and i'm just a mess because i'm thinking the Doctor won't be able to see me if i get in later, and i'll have to spend the night out there. I called Mark who called Dr. Henson to see if i'd be ok and he said it was, so now i felt a lot better. I successfully rebooked and made my flight. Once there i caught the first Taxi I saw, and made it to my appointment. The trip back was pretty uneventfull. I didn't make the flight from Utah to LAX at 4pm so i had to wait for the 7:55 flight. Thunderstorms rolled in, and it was POURING by 6pm. Flights were delayed and i didn't end up leaving untill 9pm, but at least I got home. Needless to say we were EXHAUSTED.

No comments: